Digital cardiovascular care company tenacio expands to the US and establishes presence in New York City
Berlin/New York, 01 Aug 2021
- The Berlin-based digital cardiovascular care company is now present in the United States
- io, Inc. in New York City will work with partners and serve customers across the country
- Its solution enables health care systems to reduce cost and to improve outcomes in cardiovascular care
tenacio, whose mission is to improve outcomes for patients and reduce cost through getting research into practice, has expanded to the United States. The company addresses the #1 cause of death globally: cardiovascular disease. It is headquartered in Berlin, Germany and works with collaboration partners and investors from Germany, the UK, and the US. The formation of tenac.io, Inc., in Manhattan, New York allows for closer collaboration with partners and customers across the United States.
Cardiovascular disease is a major health problem globally with more than 17 million deaths and costs of $1 trillion annually. tenacio has developed a solution to address cardiovascular morbidity and mortality through precision medicine and curated treatment recommendations. Its validated and proprietary risk prediction algorithm calculates a patient’s individual risk for cardiovascular events and provides the physician with tailored treatment recommendations. In a retrospective study, tenacio’s solution could have reduced events such as stroke and death by up to 30% versus standard of care.
“We are excited about establishing our presence in the US so that we can work closely with our partners and customers on solutions that help physicians and patients and that can also reduce cost for health care systems”, says Georg van Husen, MD, co-founder and CEO of tenacio. “New York is the perfect place for us to build the bridge between our product development in Germany and our future US operations. We are looking forward to becoming part of the vibrant NYC digital health community!”
- tenacio is digitizing cardiovascular care to improve outcomes and reduce cost by transforming cardiovascular disease management using state-of-the-art technology and leading-edge science to provide dynamic and individualized care for patients
- tenacio has a proprietary, validated risk prediction algorithm for stroke, mortality and bleeding and provides curated treatment recommendations for cardiovascular patients
- tenacio was founded in 2019 by Professor Ajay Lord Kakkar, Director of the Thrombosis Research Institute in London (UK) and Georg van Husen, MD
Georg van Husen, co-founder & CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
p +49-151-260 74154
10117 Berlin Germany
447 Broadway, 2nd floor New York, NY 10013 United States